Committees & Task Forces
HOTREC’s Task Forces and Committees play an important role in the organisation.
Each Task Force and Committee is in charge of one specific policy area and gathers the expertise of several representatives of HOTREC’s members.
To know more about HOTREC’s sectoral social dialogue with EFFAT, please follow this link.
The Members of HOTREC’s Social Dialogue Committee:
THE MEMBERS OF HOTREC’S SECTORAL SOCIAL DIALOGUE COMMITTEE WERE ELECTED ON 18 OCTOBER 2018 DURING THE KRAKOW GENERAL ASSEMBLY:
- Jean Marc Banquet d’Orx – Chair – France
- Emilie Struck Westersø – Member – Denmark
- Santa Graikste – Member – Latvia
- Angelo Giuseppe Candido – Member – Italy
- Dave Dankaerts – Member – Belgium
- Paul Schoormans – Member – The Netherlands
- Is part of European culture and model of society;
- Is a net contributor to the European economy;
- Is crucial for other parts of the hospitality sector, like hotels and similar establishments;
- Is an economic driver for town centers;
- Provides a large number of jobs, therefore bringing opportunities to a wide range of people including full-time and part-time flexible working and
- Contributes to the personal development and well-being of European citizens and their involvement in social and convivial activities
For all these reasons HOTREC members gather twice a year to discuss topics related with late-night core business activities, such as alcohol (including voluntary measures to curb alcohol related harm); noise pollution; security; fire safety measures; health, amongst other topics.
Ramón Estalella Halffter
The Shadow Hospitality Task Force exchanges views on practices across the HOTREC member countries and also develops the main policy lines to be proposed to policy makers across Europe.