6-month internship at HOTREC
HOTREC, the umbrella association of Hotels, Restaurants, Bars and Cafés and similar establishments in Europe is currently looking for an intern to support our daily work. Please see the job description below.
HOTREC is looking for an intern to support its daily work on the EU’s policies impacting the European hospitality sector. The responsibilities cover HOTREC’s EU advocacy on policy areas such as digitalisation, sustainability, food policy, social affairs and tourism.
Who we are
HOTREC is the umbrella association representing the hospitality sector in Europe, based in Brussels. Its missions are to represent the interests of the hospitality sector to the European Institutions as well as foster exchange of best practices among the membership. HOTREC membership includes 47 national associations from 36 countries.
The responsibilities include
- Support with monitoring of EU legislative proposals impacting the hospitality sector
- Support the implementation of advocacy strategies
- Help to prepare, participate and assist in HOTREC’s internal and external meetings
- Gather information and produce reports from relevant internal and external meetings and events
- Support the team in managing EU funded projects
- Support with the communication activities (e.g., update website, organisation of events, social media campaigns etc.)
- University degree
- Familiar with European politics and/or policies
- Good understanding of the European Union and its institutions, processes and policies
- Be enthusiastic, eager to learn, with proactive attitude, strong attention to detail
- Good communicator, both written and oral
- Excellent level of English; knowledge of other European languages is a plus
- An effective team player with ability to work within multi-national teams
- Starting end of August or early September 2023, an exciting 6 months role in a dynamic and international working environment in Brussels where you can start building your professional
- Full-time position; Internship under Belgian “Convention Immersion Professionnelle” inlc. allowance.
- Please send your CV and motivation letter to Mr Vipin Mehra (Vipin.[email protected]) by 12 June mentioning “internship” in the e-mail subject line. Please note that the applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
In the body of the email, please copy in: “I hereby consent that my personal data is processed by HOTREC for recruitment purposes” so that we have your written consent to follow up on your application.