Position: Public Affairs Manager at HOTREC
HOTREC-Hospitality Europe is looking for a public affairs manager to join its team from April 2022.
Who we are
HOTREC-Hospitality Europe is the voice of the hospitality industry in Europe. Bringing together 46 national associations from 35 countries, representing hotels, restaurants, bars and cafés, the association secretariat is based in Brussels. HOTREC missions are to represent the interests of the hospitality sector to the European Institutions as well as foster the exchange of best practices among the membership.
The European hospitality industry represents a great diversity of companies: from an abundance of microenterprises and SMEs (99% of the companies) to large multinationals, chains and franchises; from boutique experiences to large-scale events and high-standard establishments; catering for all types of consumer needs and demands. Our sector is a major employer and creates positive side-effects for other businesses, for local culture and city centres. It is closely connected with the travel and tourism sectors. COVID-19 has significantly impacted the hospitality and tourism industry. Support to businesses and recovery are key challenges to be addressed. In addition, the industry is in the front line to deal with many key societal issues of today: sustainability and energy efficiency, social issues, digitalisation, food and farming policies
HOTREC-Hospitality Europe – is looking for a public affairs manager to join its team. The public affairs manager will take ownership for policy matters impacting the hospitality sector, acting as a focal point for all related strategy and advocacy activities. Reporting directly to the Director General, working closely with members, the public affairs manager will contribute to the teamwork, bringing its motivation and creativity to advance strategic priorities of HOTREC.
- Provide timely and actionable analyses of EU policy developments likely to impact hospitality businesses
- Coordination of consultations with HOTREC Members
- Draft position papers, oversee their dissemination and develop strategic recommendations
- Engage and maintain close relationships with EU decision-makers (Commission, European Parliament, Council) and network of stakeholders
- Organise activities including meetings, seminars, conferences including support in the preparation of HOTREC executive meetings
- Write insights for internal and external communication materials
- Prepare contributions (e.g., presentations, speaking points) for public appearances and various meetings
Experience & Skills required
- University or post-graduate degree in law/economics/political sciences
- Relevant professional experience on a similar job. Ideally including experience gained in a governmental organisation, political office, consultancy, trade association or as part of an in-house government affairs/communications
- Outstanding written and spoken English, additional EU languages an asset
- Excellent understanding of EU Institutions and the decision-making process
- Familiarity with EU policies related to areas like consumer affairs, food, payment systems & services, competition, copyright, sustainability as well as other functions as the organisation of task forces
- A great team player and an excellent communicator with good networking skills
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Very good command of IT tools
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV by email to [email protected] with PUBLIC AFFAIRS MANAGER in the subject line. Deadline for applications: 4 February 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for an interview.